Back in the "guillotine" of things....
Being that my life in the last month has been turned upside down...it was good to get back in the swing of things at the gym tonight.I had to leave my class in the very capable hands of my top student Mike, who has been my training partner for the past two years. He was amazing at keeping everyone motivated and diligent in showing up and scheduling classes for me...thanks buddy!
I think I've always gotten a certain "high" from teaching others...whether it be something I was able to pass down...or simply mixed martial arts...I've just always enjoyed the human interaction and friendships you can build with it.
Mixed martial arts is no different.
When you spend hours and hours on the mat giving your blood, sweat and tears alongside people, you really begin to form some amazing friendships with them. I know that has definitely happened with myself and Mike and I'm truly honored we have managed to carve such a unique friendship out of it all. Trust me...I'm not here to promote the guy...but his motivation, dedication and willingness to learn has made him into one hell of a fighter.
Anyways, my whole point of this blog...is to just say that sometimes all it takes is doing something you love to bring you back to the basics again. I know mixed martial arts does that for me. I was so happy to be back teaching my class tonight....
Yep...it's good to be back.
Me teaching the finer points of a "guillotine"...
My good friend and protege, Mike....
Keeping an eye on the action...
Showing the finer points of an armbar...
Big Jake watching it unfold...
Me sinking in a Maltese Cross submission...
Getting ready to submit another victim...
1 Comments:
Hmmm, remind me never to get on your bad side... ;-)
Just kidding! Great to hear you're getting back into the swing of things. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home