Monday, November 03, 2008

BRING IT ON....

Coffee, Oatmeal, A sprinkle of Jake and a timeless classic...

Yes, that's what my Saturday mornings consist of. Remember the good ol' days when it was just "Saturday morning cartoons?". My older brother Jason and I used to get up super early, haul ass out in the living room and watch every Hanna Barbera cartoon that offered itself in the morning. Those were good times. In fact there are a lot of things I miss from that time period.

My brother's nappy afro even though he wasn't black.

The pajamas I wore that had slippers built in and zipped up from my ankle to my neck.

Wonder twin power activating.

Repeating the phrase "Whatcha talkin' bout' Willis?". Cause' we knew it could never get old.

Corduroy pants, Ocean Pacific shirts and Vans shoes.

We were so fuckin' hip it was unreal.

Anyways, I'm getting away from my blog here. Yes wrapped up in the memories of twenty plus years ago. But before I put the lid back on those memories...I'm making one last ditch effort plea. All I want for Christmas is for Daniel Stern (Wonder Years) to narrate my childhood. That would of been awesome.

Ok, so my Saturday mornings are much different now. They usually consist of coffee...actually fuck that. They HAVE to consist of coffee...otherwise I have a very tough time functioning. One of the big problems though is that my roomie isn't a coffee drinker. So, the only coffee maker he has right now is a four cup one...which in English means: Two cups. Perhaps it's good to cut my coffee consumption down to two cups in the morning. I know I completely cut out my sweetener intake thanks to someone telling me I could die from aspertame or some shit like that.

Oh yeah, and I love me some Oatmeal bitches. When I was younger it used to be a substance called "Malt-O-Meal". Which is kind of like grits...but yummier. They don't have that in Canada apparently. Or if the stock boy's face of complete confusion was any indication that they do...they just didn't carry it where I was shopping.

And finally? I usually flip on the t.v. and watch a timeless classic that they usually have playing. This mornings timeless classic was "Bring it On" with Kirsten Dunst. I watched about fifteen minutes of it before almost dry heaving. Which kind of brings me to my next pissed off rant. You see Bring it On, has a lot of hot chicks wearing very short clothing...which is fine and all. But the problem here is that the movie has done them up to look like they are all in high school and approximately 16 years old. I know for a fact Kirsten Dunst was in her twenties when she made that movie. So what happens? Jake feels like a fucking pedophile all because I think some of the girls in that movie are hot.

Damn you Hollywood! Bastards! Scallions!

Why couldn't they have a "Bring it On" College Edition? Then I wouldn't feel so damn bad. Or guilty. Or dirty.

And to my Dad...who passed away one year ago tomorrow, just want to say that I love you and I miss you.

With every closed door...a new one opens though. A chance for reflection, new opportunities, for appreciating those around you and trying to be the best person you can be.

Come on life....BRING IT ON.

Much love,

Big Jake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home